The new bachelor's program in Sociology is currently in the accreditation process. The start is planned for the winter semester 2021/2022. Enrollmant is always possible for the winter semester.
We offer a sociological qualification with a focus on six central fields of social change. Sociological thinking and theoretical approaches are taught specifically in connection with these fields (students choose two of them):
- Social inequalities and cultural differences
- Life Course and biography
- Health and wellbeing
- Work, organization and technology
- Knowledge and education
- Environment and innovation
Competences in both qualitative-interpretative and quantitative research methods are taught; research workshops enable research-based learning with concrete practical examples.
Courses on professional fields and key qualifications, writing workshops, language courses and the option of tutoring provide additional qualifications for professional practice.
English-language courses are offered throughout the course of study. The 5th semester is designed as a semester abroad.
TU Dortmund University
Department of Social Sciences
Contact person: Dr. Silke Kohrs
- Applied literature and cultural studies
- Applied lingustics
- Education in international perspective
- Journalism and science communication
- Cultural anthropology of the textile
- Political Sciences
- Rehabilitation Education
- Urban and regional sociology